Home Immigration Travel documents/ Information you need while planning immigration to Australia

Travel documents/ Information you need while planning immigration to Australia

Australia has very strict regulations, especially for people who plan to visit the country. In addition to your passport, you must also show the correct visa type. Only New Zealand citizens are exempt from tax, although they still need to obtain a special type of visa after getting off the plane.

Travel documents you need

  • The first travel document you must have is an ETA or electronic travel agency. This can be provided by a travel agency or airline that is registered or approved by the International Air Transport Association. You can actually have an ETA at least 24 hours after placing an order.
  • The good thing about ETA is that as long as your country is allowed to issue them, you may no longer need a separate tourist visa. With a tourist visa, you have to wait more than a week to get the visa. To get an ETA, you only need to register online and pay the required $20 fee. You can also ask the travel agency to handle this for you, although the price may rise to $25. This is non-refundable. ETA has been used in more than 30 countries/regions around the world, including the United States, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia.
  • If your country is not covered by the ETA, you need to obtain a short-term visa. This is also true if you plan to stay in the country for more than three months. A regular tourist visa will cost you $70. If you are lucky, you will be labeled as multiple entries, which saves time and effort and can apply again later. Otherwise, the visa may be eligible for approval within 12 months after issuance.
  • Another type of visa you can get is the WHM visa. WHM stands for Work Vacation Maker. This type of visa has certain restrictions. First of all, you must not be more than 30 years old. Not all countries allow this. Generally, European countries and some Asian countries (such as Japan and South Korea) can use the WHM visa to travel to Australia. Third, you cannot use a visa to apply for immigration. If you want to immigrate, the only way is to apply for a skilled worker visa, and the requirements are more complicated.
  • The WHM visa is only applicable to freelance work. For example, suppose you make money while on holiday in the country. You must not stay with your employer for more than 6 months.
  • After entering the country, you cannot convert a tourist visa to a WHM visa. However, you can apply at least one year before the trip. To obtain a visa, you must provide sufficient funds to cover the round-trip fare or round-trip air ticket. The fees can be very expensive. Nearly 200 dollars. You can get a working holiday visa within 48 hours of approval.